Friday, June 6, 2014

The Panabo City Fishers' Creed



The Fishers' Creed in Cebuano Translation
I am a Panabo Fisher, a model and steward of God's creation.

I fish in the right place and use the right and allowed fishing gears to sustain the livelihood of the fishery dependent and underprivileged sector and the next generation. 

By doing these , I bring goodwill to my fellowmen and others follow me.

I fish in the right place, outside the designated No Take Zones so I allow fish grow, multiply and produce fry to replenish the depleted areas.
The Fishers reciting the creed

I use the right gear, hook and line in the buffer zone and non-destructive fishing gears in fishing areas so I do not destroy the fish habitat and i don't hurt but nurture the small fish.

I protect and value God's creation so I provide the needs of my family and livelihood of the fish dependent and underprivileged people ( co-fishers, fish vendors, fry gatherers, fish cages workers, caretakers) and the next generation.

I respect fish sanctuary, mariculture and other fishery rules and regulations ( RA 8550, CO 03-03-, CO 14-12) to provide fishing area where everyone could fish without worry of apprehension and guilt, so I am respected by my peers and recognized by the LGU.
The Gleaners, Fish Vendors and Fishers' Wives reciting the creed

I am a pride of my family, so my children, co-fishers and others will follow me and all of us will leave peacefully and guilt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment